DATE: Thursday the 17th of March
This workshop will teach you how to use HAPI.js to craft awesome APIs with validation, caching, and, more importantly, how to code a data layer on top of MongoDB that will not cause headaches in production!
The workshop is full-day (8 hours) from 9:00 to 18:00, with one hour lunch break.
CHECK IN: 8:30 – 9:00
Centro Congressi Cavour
Via Cavour, 50/a – Roma
Every 8 hours workshop’s ticket is fixed:
– to 125 € from the beginning of the sales till the 18th of February;
– to 160 € from the 19th of February till the 10th of March;
– to 190 € from the 11th of March till the end of sales.
This workshop will cover how to set up your application for doing TDD, and how to expose a REST API using HAPI.js. HAPI is the framework that was developed by Wallmart to support all their API efforts: it’s solid and production ready. We will follow a TDD approach using Lab, the testing tool for HAPI! You will go schema-less with MongoDB, using HAPI.js native tools for validations: Joi. Then, you will learn how to structure your application to write testable and reusable code, without going into the spaghetti mess.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
0) installing node? (if needed, better if not)
1) Hapi.js to serve a JSON, and how to build your API
2) Store data in MongoDB while maintaining your sanity
3) Node.js basics
4) Streaming files, data, and pull-based interfaces
– learn the basics of Node.js
– learn the basics of HAPI
– learn how to do TDD with Lab
– learn how to use the native MongoDB driver
– learn how to structure your code into modules, and unit test them
WHO THE WORKSHOP IS DEDICATED TO?
PREREQUISITES NEEDED FROM ATTENDEES
– Basics of Node.js, just follow the workshopper “Learn You Node” su nodeschool.io if want to fill you knowledge gaps
– Node.js (4.0+) installed on your laptop, preferably on Linux or Mac OS X
– If you are running Windows (7+) follow this guide: https://github.com/
HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS
Seats are limited.
The workshop will be held only if the minimun number of attendees is reached.