DATE: Thursday the 17th of March.
The workshop is full-day (8 hours) from 9:00 to 18:00, with one hour lunch break.
CHECK IN: 8:30 – 9:00
Centro Congressi Cavour
Via Cavour, 50/a – Roma
Every 8 hours workshop’s ticket is fixed:
– to 125 € from the beginning of the sales till the 18th of February;
– to 160 € from the 19th of February till the 10th of March;
– to 190 € from the 11th of March till the end of sales.
FABIO BIONDI and MATTEO RONCHI
Fabio Biondi and Matteo Ronchi are active contributors in the italian front-end community both with 10+ years of experience in developing enterprise level applications. Their knowledge ranges from custom user interfaces to cross-platform interactive applications, mobile hybrid Apps, data visualization, home automation systems and smart cities. Especially focused in front-end apps and all related aspects both visuals and architecturals, they excel on cutting-edge libraries and frameworks offering training, development and consulting on AngularJS, React, D3, and several other technologies.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
The workshop will guide the attendees through four stages of exercises. Every phase will starts with basics theory followed by guided practical applications. Most of the required code will be already in place letting the participants focus only on React and on its core concepts.
Learn the basics of React and Webpack creating the starting point for the application:
– configure the environment and create the scaffold with Webpack ES2015 and React
– React fundamentals:
– transfer props to components
– render function
– component’s life cycle
– handle props defaults and validations
– stateful vs stateless components
– manipulate the DOM in React
– create dynamic lists and data-driven components
– communication between components
– parent-child communication
– sibling components communication
– forms in React
3. ENHANCE THE LOOK & FEEL
Theory and techniques to improve the aspect of React components
– inline styling and dynamic CSS in React
– load CSS and LESS with Webpack
– use 3rd party React components (developed by the React community)
– wrap non-React libraries in custom components
– smooth animations with TweenMax
– data visualization using HighChart
– short introduction to CreateJS and HTML5 Canvas development in React
4. SERVER SIDE INTEGRATION
Basics of client/server-side integration:
– One-Way Data Flow
– Working with REST API
– understand the basics of React
– create reusable components
– enhance the UI with effects and animations
– working with REST API and one-way data flow
WHO THE WORKSHOP IS DEDICATED TO?
Expert web developers (in any language) that want to start using React, Webpack and ES6 to build data-driven web applications. Particularly indicated for AngularJS developers that need to quickly jump into the React world.
PREREQUISITES NEEDED FROM ATTENDEES
Working knowledge and practical experience in any programming language. Knowledge of basics HTML and CSS is not required but preferable to augment the learning experience.
HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS
Attendees may choose to use their laptop with following installed software:
– Google Chrome with React Devtools installed
– Text Editor or IDE (SublimeText 3 / Atom / VIM / Webstorm / VS Code)
– NodeJS (https://nodejs.org), version 4.2 or greater
– Git (https://git-scm.com/book/en/v2/Getting-Started-Installing-Git)
Before the workshop the attendees will receive instructions to clone a git repository and install its dependencies.
Alternatively only latest VirtualBox must be installed. VirtualBox is required to install a pre-configured VM with complete setup to support all the workshop activities.
Before the workshop the attendees will receive the link to download the VM image.
Seats are limited.
The workshop will be held only if the minimun number of attendees is reached.